We are busy creating more opportunities than ever for individuals, communities and groups to get involved. With your time, skills and enthusiam we can improve the lives and wellbeing of older people through creativity and arts.
Now, more than ever, volunteering can take on many forms and we want to make sure there's a litle something for everyone. Whether you have five minutes, five days, five months or more, we'd love to hear from you.
Getting involved as a volunteer has so much to offer:
Meeting new people - Positive effect on wellbeing - Learning or sharing skills
Developing your CV - Making a difference in your community - Having fun and trying something new
Get in touch to volunteer with Equal ArtsContact Us
Our HenPower project is looking for Good Eggs - You don't need to be an 'eggspert', you just need 'henthusiasm'!
- Hen Care Volunteer - getting older people engaged with their hens through practical tasks
- Creative Session Volunteer - supporting our associates to deliver a range of intergenerational creative sessions
- Gardening Volunteer - providing an extra pair of hands to ensure residents living in care have access to a safe and enjoyable outdoor space.
- Hen Pal Volunteer - using the simple idea of a ‘pen pal’ to create friendships through letter writing or visual correspondence, reducing social isolation among older people and engaging their interests. Volunteer from home!
Could you support our Creative Age project in delivering dementia-friendly art sessions?
- More info coming soon!
Get involved in our Creative Friends project to bring people together through new experiences in art!
- Creative Friends Facilitators - a flexible and friendly volunteer role involving visits to some of our region's most exciting arts and cultural venues.
To find out more about volunteering with us, email [email protected]
Work Experience & Student Placements
We welcome interest from students of all ages. Volunteering can help you:
- Develop your experience in the creative and cultural sector
- Get involved in cross-generational learning
- Gain experience with care home providers and adult social care
Employer Sponsored Volunteering
Is your place of business looking to make a difference? They could take part in:
- Fundraising activities
- Practical team tasks
- Individual or group opportunities
We're looking for helping hands to support our upcoming bag pack events...
- Saturday 29th September 2018 - Whickham
- Saturday 13th and 20th October - West Monkseaton
- Friday 9th November - North Shields
Become a Trustee
We are looking for potential Trustees to join our Board and would welcome interest from those who can offer skills and experience in the following areas...
There are lots of ways for individuals and groups to make an impact on older people in their local community – we’ll be sharing some ideas soon and would love to hear yours!
You can help us spread the word and support our wonderful work with just a few clicks or a few minutes!
Every act of 'micro-volunteering' makes a difference - make your pledge via the form below...
Contact us if you'd like to get involvedContact Us